Analysis, Business Planning, Marketing & Strategy Development for Asset Management
• Researching commercial property fund issues and fund set up opportunities in Europe
Built & managed European Asset Management consulting practice with P&L and 10 staff responsibility
• Conceptualized and implemented the business unit’s strategy, marketing and consulting products including: GIPS /PPS, Quant & attribution consulting, Risk Management and BPR of Investment Processes.
• Led the acquisition and account management of up to 60 asset managers and set up strategic alliances with partner companies resulting in positive contribution margin within 14 months.
• Developed and managed RFP selection and processes.
• Managed CRM, Client Risk Allocation and Performance Measures projects for Asset Mgt. Companies, including ABN Amro, Comdirect (Commerz Bank), DIT (Dresdner Bank).
• Analysed mutual fund product offerings to differentiate product strategy from affiliated companies.
Development of international banking consulting practice - Recruited from Australia to support the company’s strategic development of an International Banking Consulting Practice.
• Provided business knowledge of international banking practices for the purpose of organisational and process definition of banking functions for the development of system models.
Facilitator of Retail Lending Strategy & Business Plan. Identified and implemented strategic and operational opportunities to increase bench marked performance and bottom line.
• Reengineered retail lending processes using BPR principles resulting in a 30% reduction in application approval time. Led change management projects and implementation of bank policy changes.
• Conducted market research, customer segmentation and development of marketing programs based on bank’s mission to place customer service as the highest objective.
• Managed all retail lending project prioritization and progress as the liaison person for business and IT stakeholders.
• Provided the gap analysis of international banking features for joint development of a new banking system together with a Swiss banking group and Texas Instruments.
• Prepared Business Plan for the launch of a new Asset Management subsidiary in Germany.
• Analysed feasibility of market potential for institutional fund outsourcing services. This examined middle and back office functionality and third party services in accordance with the new investment legislation. Project in cooperation with Boston Consulting Group. Recommendation adopted.
• Conducted Market Research, Business Planning & Strategy Evaluation of a business venture for new Europe wide Asset Management Information & Regulatory Service.
• Examined legislative requirements in 5 countries in coordination with regulatory authorities to establish a common minimum reporting standard for mutual fund documentation exchanges. Recommendation adopted.
• Conducted Pan-European strategy & market research projects and analysis for investment management, including Open Architecture, distribution and product features.
• Analyzed and wrote editorial contributions covering specific Asset Management trends, products and news across Europe for e.g. Cerulli Associates and Funds Europe. Examples include French Percos, German Master KAGs, Real Estate funds, foreign market entry strategies.
• Developed Marketing Strategy for Market Entry in Germany with MBS (Mortgage Backed Securities) and Retail Mortgage Products.
• Managed project of the worldwide EMU Euro currency conversion activities for all Asset Management subsidiaries of Dresdner Bank, focusing on client reporting and portfolio currency exposure.
• Conducted workshops for senior management in global key locations to inform of Euro issues and achieve top management project buy-in.
• Analyzed for Commerz Bank’s Institutional Asset Management subsidiary the compliance implications for institutional funds of the German Investment legislation which set out to standardize Asset Management regulations and practices across Europe. This included the issues of asset allocation limits, derivative investing and risk management.
• Liaised with senior management to obtain required new policy decisions. Produced a business requirements document.
• Developed Market Entry Strategy, market segmentation and business development plan with senior management resulting in the establishment of the company’s London & Brussels offices.