Mike - Consultant technique PEOPLESOFTRef : 090728D002
ON BURLINGTON (Canada)
Développeur, Consultant technique (53 ans)
Independent/Contract Experience (October 2003 – present)
Nov 2006 to Present – (Contract) – Client: HSBC, Buffalo, NY, USA
PeopleSoft EPM 8.9, HCM Developer, HR Warehouse/DataMart Upgrade, Cognos Cube Developer
• PeopleSoft ePerformance 8.9, Technical Design and Development of custom Manager Dashboard providing single integrated view of manager documents with statuses, stages, etc. – incorporated with Manager Self-Service functionality.
• Fit/gap and Upgrade of client’s existing EPM v8.3 System data model (with customizations), HR Warehouse/DataMart to v8.9. Data Modelling – Warehouse/DataMarts, OW-S to OW-E to MDW data flow. Implementation of asynchronous HR to EPM data refresh (near real-time data warehouse for OW-S) iusing IBM’s Q Replication tool.
• Complete end-to-end design/build of Cognos Cubes – workforce and action cubes. Used PowerPlay Transformer with IQD/SQL data sources, with Cognos Batch scripting to automate the build process, role-based row-level cube security
• Developed Utility Program to Migrate and Convert 8.3 HCM/EPM PS Queries to 8.9 – mapping old tables/fields to new based on EPM completely redesigned data models. Developed Utility Program to validate DB2 (mainframe) data loads (JCL) into EPM-OWS layer accounting for default values, structure differences between HR and EPM tables.
• Troubleshooting and support of HCM/EPM Security, application fixes (online and batch), tuning, enhancements, PS queries and other issues.
• Provided knowledge transfer / training to Technical Support staff and knowledge workers.
Dec 2006 to Oct 2006 – (Contract) – Client: CountryWide Financial Corp, Chandler, AZ, USA
PeopleSoft EPM 8.9, EW, Balanced Scorecard Implementation
• Developed rapid prototype of KPI and Scorecard models to demonstrate functionality to users.
• Developed 64 KPIs (KPI Manager) incorporating both financial (GL) and non-financial metrics (HR Headcount, FTE, HR Transactions), primarily focused around (PWC) Saratoga HR Metrics definitions.
• Setup/configuration of all Scorecard, Strategy Trees/Components, KPI definitions, data elements, etc.
• Utilization of new 8.9 features such as Hierarchical KPIs using department-level rollups.
• Setup and configuration of all EPM base metadata, OWE data modeling, record metadata, tablemaps, datamaps,
calculated fields/expressions, models, scenarios, jobs, jobstreams, filters, constraints, dimension security.
• Analyzed and developed fixes and/or customizations to delivered AE Engines (KPI Analyze) and online pages.
• Worked with ETL team to analyze requirements and troubleshoot Ascential DataStage delivered mappings.
• Developed custom pages/processes (AE) to automate security role and dimension security assignment.
Oct to Nov, 2005 (4 weeks) – (Contract) – Client: IBM France, Paris, Fance
PeopleSoft EPM 8.9, EW, FSI, DataMart Pre-Sales Prototype
Worked on combined IBM/Unilog/Oracle France pre-sales prototype for EPM 8.9 (FSI) customer.
• used cash flow generator to generate future cash flows and balances for instruments
• built FI_RECON/PF_RECON rules for Instrument-Level reconcilliation (with GL), and a custom process (AE) which generates an adjustment/correcting entry for any imbalances to the PF Journal Entry page.
• built various Cognos PowerPlay cubes (based on delivered data marts) for Account Level profitability analysis and several Cognos ReportNet Reports (Framework Manager, Cognos Connection, Report Studio)
• built Allocation Manger rules for various cost, ftp, shadow accounting rules
• built custom component/pages for Instrument-level Tranche/Portfolio management
• used the Currency Conversion tool to convert all data to base currencies
• built custom Average Daily Balance process (AE) to calculate 2 types of ADB, based on instrument balances
• some exposure to Cognos ReportNet and Ascential DataStage/MetaStage ETL tool.
Mar 2005 to Aug 2005 - (Contract) - Client: BearingPoint, Boston
PeopleSoft 8.8 EPM, EW, ESA DataMart/Data Warehouse Implementation
Customized ESA Warehouse (Enterprise Services Automation) Implementation, GL, AP, Contracts, Projects, Expenses with external HR and CRM (Siebel) system data.
• Responsible for design/build for EPM DataMart solutions for Leadership Management Reporting and Global Operations Reporting.
• ODS and Data Loading - Understanding of client’s various source system feeds (Siebel, HR, FIN), data mapping/cleansing of source data, generating and maintaining (Informatica) ETL mappings to transform data to load ODS.
• Logical and physical data model designs using ERWin data modeling tool. Other technical documentation of all customization, metadata configuration, user procedures and processes.
• Application Engine and EPM Enterprise Warehouse technical design and build tools.
• Optimization and tuning of (Oracle) SQL to perform loads within batch window.
Oct 2003 to Feb 2005 - (Contract) - Client: Legal Aid Ontario, Toronto
PeopleSoft 8.4 FIN/CRM Developer, PeopleSoft Application/Portal Security, Cognos PowerPlay/OLAP
Cognos Cube Design and Build
• Responsible for all aspects of client’s Cognos Reporting solution from requirements gathering, design specifications, prototype(s), build
• Design and build of Cognos PowerPlay for DataMart-level Reporting Solution
• Generated complex extract scripts (Oracle SQL) to select, extract and transform data as Cognos data sources. Final extract program written in SQR.
• Design Dimension and Fact sources for a 9 analysis cubes.
Security Design, Implementation and Administration: Responsibilities included the implementation PeopleSoft Application Security for Financials, CRM and Portal Modules, including:
• worked with client requirements to develop PeopleSoft application security design
• design and implementation (load) of all Permission Lists, Roles, and Operators
• generation and migration of portal content references and security
• implementation of User Synch (EIP) including customizations
CRM/FIN Developer: Responsible for the development of various customizations including:
• design/build of customer facing e-modules (custom e-billing) incorporating row-level security
• CRM design, configuration and development for 360-degree, consumer and case searches, optimization and custom 360-degree activities view page, customized delivered application classes.
• Developed and maintained a custom AP to Billing interface program (AE)
PeopleSoft Canada Co. – Senior Consultant for PeopleSoft Global Services (6 years)
Jan 2002 to Aug 2003 - PeopleSoft PGS - Client: Societe Generale, Paris
PeopleSoft 8.3 EPM EW/Data Warehouse + Benchmark
Michael played a lead technical role at a multi-billion dollar financial institution in Paris, France implementing PeopleSoft EPM 8.3 (Enterprise Warehouse).
• Designed and developed ‘bolt-on’ modules/customizations to meet very specific customer requirements while integrating the solutions within the EPM metadata driven framework.
• Played role on client’s Reporting Tools Benchmark primarily involved with building of sample data, expansion of data, and simulation of processing for specific timeframe.
• Assisted with design and analysis of customer requirements, conducted fit/gap analysis of needs with EPM’s CRM and FSI data model. Designed and implemented customizations of data warehouse and data mart data models to meet specific client requirements.
• Benchmarking PeopleSoft EPM to meet client requirements for ETL, Rule Processing (Data Manager), and Data Mart builds - on DB2/UDB and AIX - meeting all requirements.
• Played key role in the development of Benchmark prototype, data model, ETL, Data Manager Rules, and Data Mart Builder Processes.
May 2001 to Dec 2001 - PeopleSoft PGS - Client: Canada Life (Insurance), Toronto
PeopleSoft 8.0 EPM EW and Financials Implementation
Michael played a technical role at a large Canadian financial institution where he was responsible for implementing Financials and EPM on version 8.
• Installation and setup of Informatica / PowerCenter (ETL) server and client tools
• Informatica development guidelines and standards
• PeopleTools Development and Change Control Standards
• Application and migration of Development changes and Updates and Fixes using AU Tool.
• Assisted client in their Reporting Tools Selection Process
Dec 2000 to May 2001 - PeopleSoft PGS - Client: BC Hydro, Vancouver
PeopleSoft EPM EW/ABM Implementation - Technical Lead
Michael played a technical lead role in implementing PS ABM and EW at a major Utility co.
• Assisted client in development and design of ABM functional model.
• Built all model components in PeopleSoft’s ABM product (Ledger to Resource Mappings, Resources, Activities, Cost Objects, Drivers, Pointers, Implicit Pointers, etc.). This included any preliminary setup of metadata required by EW (Record, Tablemaps, Filter, Constraints).
• Built child models based on original model.
• Developed Data Manager Rules to Post results to PF_LEDGER.
• Acted as liaison between ABM Team and Financials team to coordinate ETL mappings and updating the Warehouse with Financials Information relevant for ABM.
• Assisted in designing report specification from ABM output.
May 2000 to Dec 2000 - PeopleSoft PGS - Client: Harris Bank, Chicago
PeopleSoft EPM 7.5 / EW / Technical Lead, Informatica
Michael played a Technical Lead role in the implementation of PS EPM at a large financial institution in the United States.
• Developed and designed custom ETL mappings (using Informatica) from various legacy systems throughout the organization - performing significant data conversions and data mapping/cleansing of source data and loading them into PeopleSoft’s ODS/Enterprise Warehouse tables.
• Developed ETL project schedules and resource plans, assigned roles and responsibilities to programmers and managed the day-to-day tasks ensuring that milestones being achieved.
• Provided team members technical guidance in using Informatica ETL tool and in how to use Informatica to populate PS Enterprise Warehouse tables.
Mar 2000 to May 2000- PeopleSoft PGS - Client: Ontario Lottery Corp., Sault St. Marie
PeopleSoft Financials / HRMS v7.5 - Technical + Troubleshooting + Performance + Row-Level Security
Michael has worked with several clients implementing PS Security.
• Designed and developed a custom row-level security solution (based on Department Level) for a Public Sector organization.
• Coordinated and implemented PS Security Operators, Roles and Permission Lists for a large Insurance company.
• Implemented PS Fast Security views in HR/Payroll.
Feb 2000 - PeopleSoft PGS - (EPM v.7.0 Pre-Sales Client) Royal Bank on Canada
• Was a technical resource involved in setup and configuration of EPM ODS/Wareshouse and Activity-Based-Management prototype for potential client.
• Data loading of prototype data for all Resouces, Activities, Cost Objects and driver data for ABM.
• Developed customized allocation rules and AE programs for client-specific allocations/driver rules
Sep 1999 to Feb 2000 - PeopleSoft PGS - Client: Hamilton Health Sciences, Hamilton
PeopleSoft HRMS/FIN v7.5 - Developer, Trainer, GL to Payroll, HRMS
• Designed and developed a customized interface from HR/Payroll to FIN and conversion programs using SQR from various legacy systems into PeopleSoft.
• Designed and implemented a customized Union seniority program including custom panels and on-line processing as well as custom SQR programs for batch processing. This solution allowed for calculation of employee step-pay rates based full/part-time hour accumulations, taking into account which union agreement the employee was enrolled in. This required a strong understanding of various Union bargaining agreements and policies and how they affected seniority accumulation for full and part-time people.
• Helped design and build custom SQR Program to accumulate Seniority Hours based on an employees’ FT/PT status and union at the end of each pay period.
• Debugged and traced PeopleCode, SQRs, Application Engine, and COBOL programs when programming customizations and troubleshooting processes.
• Configures components of recruitment module including creation of recruitment and job posting letters
• Trained end users on Competency Management and Succession Planning modules
• Worked with internal PeopleSoft resources to put together a requirements and fit/gap analysis for the Health & Safety Module (v.7.5)
Jun 1999 to Aug 1999 - PeopleSoft PGS - Client: The Co-operators (Insurance)
PeopleSoft FIN v.7.0 Functional (AP, GL) and Development
Managed General Ledger and Accounts Payable implementations for a major financial services company. This project required strong understanding of the relationship between AP and GL.
• Designed and developed custom reports to balance Accounts Payable to the General Ledger on a daily basis.
• Assisted client in setting up AP “lights out processing” for all AP checks.
• Assisted client is setting up and modifying various AP pay cycles.
Other Projects/Clients (with PeopleSoft PGS)
Wendy’s International, Jan – May, 1999
FIN v 7.0 (PO, AP, GL, VAT)
• Customized on-line processing of VAT tax for a major retail franchise outlet.
Canadian Tire Corporation, Sept 2003
EPM v8.4, Informatica 7.5
• Built proto-type ETL mappings using Informatica
• Trained end-users on Informatica architecture and development
Air Canada, Jan 1998 – Aug 1998
FIN, HRMS v. 7.0
• Assisted client with (primarily) AP customizations and development
Saskatchewan Wheat Pool, Oct – Dec, 1997
FIN 5.x to 6.0, Upgrade, Troubleshooting
• Setup and configuration of FIN modules (AP, GL), customizations and query/report development
• Optimization of queries and processes
EPM: Activity Based Management (ABM), Balanced Scorecard (BSC),
EW Tools, EPM Metadata / Configuration, Good exposure to FTP, RWC, Cashflow Engine,
HCM HCM, ePerformance, exposure to Payroll, very familiar with Person and Job Data Models
Financials General Ledger (GL), Accounts Payable (AP), Good Exposure to EX, BI, PR, AM
CRM Support, Common Objects, Business Object Relational Model (BORM)
PeopleSoft Tools 8.47, PeopleCode, Application Engine, PS Query, SQR, PeopleSoft Security
Reporting Tools Cognos 7.x + Cognos 8, Framework Manager, Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Business view modeling, Crystal Reports, cube / data modeling, standard reporting
DBMS Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server, MySQL, excellent SQL skills, strong skills in data modeling and data warehouse / datamart design (Kimball methodology), performance tuning / indexes
ETL Tools Informatica, Ascential Datastage 7.x, MS Excel
Other HTML, Some experience with PHP, IBM Q Replication
Systems Windows NT, various UNIX versions, shell scripting
B.Sc., Computer Science and Mathematics, McMaster University, Hamilton, ON, Canada
C.G.A. Certified General Accountants Association, level 4/5, Note: No longer enrolled
Certifications: PeopleSoft Technical, PeopleSoft EPM, DB2 UDB 7.x , MS WIN NT Server
Ces profils pourraient vous intéresser !
Consultant technique PEOPLESOFT
- Asnière sur seine
Consultant technique PEOPLESOFT
Consultant fonctionnel UNIX
- bieville beuville
- Les Ulis
Consultant technique PEOPLESOFT
- SAINT SIMON
Business Analyst C
- SAINT MAUR