Halverson Chef de projet PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICE
• Applications: Meditech CS, OnBase, Dundas Report Tool, CRD v8, BBH Infomediary, XSP, Omgeo CTM/Oasys, Colline, Macgregor XIP, SWIFT Alliance, MINT Middleware v5.7, PORTIA 6.0, Axys, Merrin Financial Trading Platform, Examiner/iTrade v2.5.9, P/CIS v6.6, Sungard’s Onsite v2.8.1, GMI Software, Microbank STOR/QM, CODA
• Tools/Platforms: Agile, Scrum, MS Project, Visio, Jira, XML, MS BizTalk, MMS, VB, .NET, Silverlight, Sybase SQL Server, Oracle, MS SQL Server, IBM AS/400, Swift Alliance, Embarcadero DBArtisan, CITRIX, MS Access, c-shell scripting, Perl, WISQL, AS/400 Query, RPG/400, CL
• PMP Certification, Project Management Institute, 2008
• B.S., University of Wisconsin, Madison – Bachelor of Science Degree in Economics and International Relations
• Continuing Education: Ongoing project management, Agile and technology classes
• A program management professional with project management, professional consulting and information technology experience in financial services, healthcare and software development companies.
• Ability to successfully deliver and implement enterprise wide solutions on time and within budget for any type of company, industry or government entity.
• Possess the key skills and personality to work cohesively with project teams and senior management in business, technology and project management.
Versaworks, Santa Clara, CA May 2011-June 2012
Program Management Consultant at Natividad Medical Center (NMC), Monterey, CA
Versaworks is a health information technology solutions firm that specializes in serving hospitals, clinics and acute care facilities throughout the United States.
• Manage the implementation of ICD-10 diagnostic & procedure code sets in all medical systems & interfaces
• Implement HIPAA 5010 standards. Upgrade electronic transmission standards from 4010 to 5010 by Jan. 1, 2012
• Implement a new contract management system and dashboard for senior management & material management
• Drove reductions in cost by enabling increased automation of the claims adjudication process and more precise determination in the payment process
• Improved medical performance monitoring and preventing fraud and abuse
• Allowed major improvements in health care resulting from improved reporting & analysis of ICD-10 data focused on measuring the quality, safety and efficacy of care
• Completed the HIPAA 5010 standards upgrade on time and within budget using Agile methodologies.
• Implemented a new enterprise content management system throughout the hospital and rolled out a records & retention department.
Mellon Capital Management (Bank of New York Mellon), San Francisco, CADec 2001-Feb 2011
V.P., Senior Program Manager, Strategic Project Office
Mellon Capital Management is an institutional investment management firm with over $213B in AUM.
• Manage a 2 year, multi phase, $5mm project implementing a trade order management system and centralized, trade hub messaging system that could process multi-asset class securities, enterprise wide.
• Drive the launch of an emerging markets equity fund by managing the technical deliverable across vertical teams.
• Implement and rollout an electronic custodian notification system to streamline post trade communication via the SWIFT network utilizing Agile software development and program management.
• Implemented fixed income and futures on the CRD trade management system and centralized trade messaging hub.
• Successfully launched the firm’s first emerging markets equity fund in scope, on time and within budget.
• Rolled out an electronic custodian notification system with BBH via SWIFT, which reduced errors by 30% & eliminated manual processes.
• Managed the implementation of a collateral management system, which allowed the firm to call back and invest collateral on a daily basis and lower credit risk.
• Managed monthly budgets for multiple, capitalized projects and reported status into senior management.
Montgomery Asset Management, San Francisco, CA Sep 1998 – Sep 2001
Sr. Project Manager, Information Technology Group – Applications & Development
Montgomery Asset Management was an institutional & private wealth asset management firm acquired by Deutsche Bank
• Manage and Implement the conversion of the firm’s portfolio accounting system from Sungard to Portia.
• Get SWIFT Alliance Access up and running and operational for the firm.
• Manage the implementation of the JP Morgan Chase Custody and Fund Accounting systems.
• Successfully executed conversion of portfolio accounting system and SWIFT Alliance with no delay or critical issues.
• Accomplished rollout of SmartStream Reconciliation product for the firm’s trade and cash operations department.
• Analysed processes and procedures in business units and advised clients of gaining operational efficiencies, potentials for automation and system enhancements.
Banc of America Securities (Thomas Weisel Partners), San Francisco, CAOct 1996 – Sep 1998
Project Manager, Information Technology – Sales & Trading Group
Banc of America Securities LLC,- investment banking and brokerage arm of Bank of America.
• Manage a portfolio accounting system conversion of private client accounts from Advent Axys to Portia.
• Design & administer a data interface between the firm’s fund accountant system & portfolio accounting system
• Successfully fulfilled Portia portfolio accounting system projected and related ADP data interface.
• Implemented CITRIX ICA software for Internet access to Portia and web reporting tools.
Fimat Banque (Newedge), Chicago, IL Jan 1993 – Sep 1996
Applications Support & Implementation Manager, Information Technology Group
Newedge, formerly Fimat Banque (Societe Generale) and Caylon Financial, offers global, multi-asset brokerage services
• Manage the rollout and implementation of GMI Financial Software throughout FIMAT global offices
• Coordinate and manage GMI software conversions and implementations in Paris, London, Frankfurt, Zurich, Milan, Madrid, Montreal, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, New York and Chicago offices.
• Achieved scales of efficiency by implementing all FIMAT offices onto GMI software from separate, disparate systems
• Identified inefficiencies and streamlined Fimat’s int’l clearing operations by implementing and customizing GMI Software to meet their requirements and resolve their issues.
• Reduced the company’s operational errors & financial losses by implementing GMI Software globally.
• Managed a 24x6 application support team as well as secondary on-call support.
GMI Software (Sungard Futures Systems), Chicago, IL Mar 1989 – Dec 1992
Tax Software Consultant, Client Consulting Group
GMI Software is the industry leader in international, post-trade clearing and accounting systems for firms that do business in the exchange-traded derivative markets around the world.
• Manage the tax processing and reporting division of the Client Consulting Group. Responsible for designing, testing and implementing tax processing and reporting software for clients in the United States, Canada and Australia following strict, local tax authority regulations and guidelines.
• Present tax software and enhancements material at annual GMI tax seminars for clients.
• Oversaw the successful design, testing & implementation of tax processing & reporting software for clients in the U.S., Canada and Australia.
• Created tax software documentation as well software enhancements for exchange regulations and compliance.
• Administered change management. Actively participated in testing, installing & supporting software upgrades.