Edouard Chef de projet ERICSSON REDBACK
Senior Manager with 15 years’ experience in the telecom industry.
Technical expertise coupled with a solid business and value creation perspective.
Strategy, Communication, Negotiation, Project Control, Contract Management, Budgeting, Cash flow Management, Vendor Management.
Extensive technical experience: PS Core Network 4G/3G/2G.
Project Management experience in multicultural environment:
- Europe (France, Belgium, Ireland, Slovakia),
- Asia (India, Maldives),
- South West Asia (Iran),
- Middle East (UAE),
- Africa (Congo, South Africa, Côte-d’Ivoire),
- The Pacific (New Caledonia).
- The Caribbean (Martinique)
Experience managing large-scale operations for Leading Operators:
- France Telecom / Orange
- Deutsch Telecom
Experience with major vendors:
Bilingual: English and French.
Education: MSc, Telecom South Paris, INT, Evry - Telecommunication Engineering
MCI - Iran
December 2014 August 2016
Senior Manager 4G/3G
- Managed Huawei IP MPLS deployment - 4G/3G Ericsson RAN/Transmission/Core network services
- 4G/3G I&C services, responsible of the launch of Ericsson 4G/3G Radio Access network - 2.000 radio sites located in Teheran.
- Technical Strategy, Operational Strategy, Overlooking HR, Finance and technical
- Management of 10 permanent staff and over 15 consultants.
April 2014 to December 2014
4G Cisco core network Consultant
- 4G Greenfield Operation, Configuration EPC Cisco, Configuration Ruledef, Rulebase SPGW
- Configuration Roaming MME, SPGW, Configuration APNs in SPGW (BGP), MME
- Interconnection SPGW to OCS and PCRF, Protocol analysis (traces)
November 2013 to January 2014
3G Ericsson QoS End-to-End Consultant
- Recommendations to C Level in order to improve Digicel network,
- Architecture End-to-End recommendation to evolve from Ericsson 3G to 4G.
- Data charging PCEF analysis (External vs internal), PCRF
- Design, High level design and level design review and recommendations
KPN BASE BELGIUM
May 2013 to November 2013
ALCATEL LUCENT 4G evolved core network ZTE Validation Technical Manager
- 4G Greenfield Operation,
- Technical interface between ZTE and KPN Base,
- Successful delivery of 4G installation in 2 cities for commercial launch
March 2013 to May 2013
DETECON 3G Core network ZTE, Ericsson Audit Consultant
- Recommendations to C Level in order to improve Econet network,
- Audit & Recommendation about Econet’sTraffic Model, Dimensioning,
- Topology Strategy. Hardware/software capacity, design, KPI,
- Logs analysis, Services Tests, Parameters verification
- Analysis, Services Tests, Parameters verification,
- Audit ZTE PS and Ericsson PS, CS, IN
January 2012 to December 2013
SOFRECOM – 3G Core PS, CS, VAS Roaming Manager
- Reported to the CTIO on: SGSN, GGSN, PCEF, WEB cache, DNS, MSC, MGW, NGHLR, CRBT, MMS-C,WAP-GW, Voice Mail, USSD
- Core CS, PS and VAS strategy (forecast, services, planning deployment, swap, Engineering),
- PS Architecture scenario proposal done and validated by Orange France R&D,
- HLD PS, LLD , ATP, Configuration Guide, SOC, implementation plan, Matrix of responsibility,
- Hardware Installation supervision (space, cable, power),
- 3G/2G PS core network deployed in Kinshasa, Lubumbashi and Goma,
- Roaming design and implementation (IPSec, BGP),
- PS Data charging implementation (PCEF, OCS),
- Interconnection with iBSC ZTE, RNC ZTE, OCS ZTE, HLR legacy ZTE, NGHLR ZTE,
- Post Paid, Prepaid, Internet, Black Berry, Wap, MMS implementation,
- SMS Games implementation (SMS Chat, Supapessa),
August 2001 to December 2011
CISCO 4G/LTE - Evolved Packet Core Network Consultant
- First LTE/4G call done in Dubai
- Network Implementation Procedure done ASR5000 (MME, SPGW),
- Acceptance Tests Procedure done ASR5000 (MME, SPGW),
- Commissioning of the MME (MME in Pool in Dubai and Abu Dhabi)
- Commissioning of the SAE-GW (PCEF embedded)
- Interconnection: eNodeB (NSN, Huawei), HSS (NSN), PCRF (Huawei), OCS (Huawei),
OPT NEW CALEDONIA
January 2011 to June 2011
3G/2G network: PS core Implementation Manager
- PS Audit: green field network (Ericsson 2G/3G) and live network (2G ALU),
- According to the traffic model, modification of the PS design done by Ericsson,
- Design modification to swap the Charging proxy ALU,
- Design modification to interconnect the PCEF/PCRF (Allot) to the MPLS network (Smart Edge SE 600, Redback),
- PS Roaming design done with GRX provider (Smart Edge SE 100, Redback),
- Introduction of dedicated firewalls for the Internet and Roaming
- Acceptance test (MPLS, SGSN, GGSN)
- PCEF/PCRF implementation (Allot, SIGMA, SMP)
- Acceptance test PCEF/PCRF
- External DNS implementation and interconnection with Internal DNS
- Roaming implementation done with Orange Business
- Configuration switch Cisco, External DNS ALU
June 2010 to December 2010
SOFECOM - 3G/2G Core network manager
- RFP/RFQ written and send to Ericsson, Huawei and ZTE.
- Interviews and meetings with Huawei & ZTE for the PS (SGSN, GGSN, PCEF,PCRF, LI,
- Firewalls, routers, switches), CS (HLR, MSC, MGW), IN, Transmission (Microwave,
- MPLS backbone).
- Test of Huawei and ZTE SGSN/GGSN/PCRF during the evaluation.
- Scoring and Technical recommendation to the CTO and board members.
- Meeting with the Marketing to define the PS subscriber’s base and the services strategy.
- Dimensioning, design, interconnection.
- BOQ for 5 years (2011-2015). PO for 1 year.
- HLD recommendation.
- Proof of concept (Acceptance Tests case) document written.
April - June 2010
ERICSSON 3G/2G packet core network: SGSN Engineer
- Support during the BSC/RNC Integration (Gb over Fr & Iu over IP)
- Statistics analysis (KPI),
- Health check (Logs, Alarms, Events)
- Reporting & documentation update
VODACOM SOUTH AFRICA
March 2009 to November 2009
STARENT HSDPA/3G packet core network: 3G SGSN System Engineer
- IU Flex configuration with Huawei & ALU RNC (HSDPA/HSUPA : IU over IP)
- IU-PS configuration with Huawei & Siemens RNC (3G : IU over ATM)
- Gb configuration (2G over FR)
- Trial : IOT between Cisco Starent SGSN and the RNC (Huawei, NSN, Alcatel)
- Trial : IOT between Cisco Starent SGSN and the BSC (NSN/Siemens, Alcatel)
- Trial : IOT between Cisco Starent SGSN and NSN SGSN (Inter-SGSN RAU)
- HLR and EIR tests (Sigtran)
- Acceptance tests document
- Acceptances tests done before the SGSN deployment in the Live network
- Starent GGSN & SGSN trainee in UK
PROXIMUS BELGACOM, Belgium
April 2008 to December 2008
3G packet core network network and MPLS Migration Team Leader
- WAP, MMSC, MSD Video Streaming, ECDS migration to the Alcatel MPLS.
- Design & configuration procedures for the MPLS migration: Work pack, Work Order (cabling, devices configuration), meeting to coordinate the interventions.
- Risk Analysis and Impact analysis during the intervention preparation
- Intervention with the team during the nights of the migration.
- Solsoft: Cisco, Netscreen firewall policies configuration.
- Management of the hardware installation team (cabinet, rack, power, cabling).
- Hardware installed: Cisco 9600/7600, FWSM, Switches, NAM, GSS, CSS, ACE, CSG,
- IOS upgrade, password recovery , connection to the Terminal Server
- Network Management configuration from scratch (NMS).
January 2008 to February 2008
Huawei GPRS packet core network: PS/VAS Consultant & Technical interface
- Audit Huawei SGSN, GGSN
- Audit Huawei IP backbone (switch, router, firewall, DNS)
- Audit Huawei VAS (MMS-C, WAP gateway)
August 2007 to December 2007
O2, HSDPA packet core network Optimisation Engineer
- SGSN and GGSN statistics (KPI, performance testing).
- Performance monitoring (Business Object).
- Capacity Monitoring & Dimensioning
- Knowledge transfer to handle the SGSN R7 and GGSN R3
- SGSN/GGSN Trainer (16 OSS Engineers).
- Provide procedure to O2 team on the SGSN R7 and GGSN R3.
- SGSN R7 Explanations (How to maintain the nodes with PXM, CLI, OSS).
- GGSN R3 Explanations (How to maintain the node with CLI, OSS).
to June 2007 MOOV IVORY COAST and RCA ERICSSON Edge packet core network: MPBN/GGSN/SGSN O&M Engineer
Dec 2006 ORANGE REUNION ERICSSON EDGE packet core network: Roaming MPBN Engineer
to Oct 2006 ORANGE CAMEROUN
ERICSSON PS/MPBN Engineer
to Jan 2006 BSNL INDIA
ALCATEL GPRS packet core network, Technical Project Manager & PS Network Expert
to Dec 2004 DHIRAAGU MALDIVES
ALCATEL GPRS packet core network: PS Network Engineer
to Nov 2004, ALCATEL FRANCE 3G packet core network
to Nov 2002 TATA, MALI Internet Service Provider Engineer
to Aug 2001 FRANCE TELECOM Transmission Expert